Friday, January 11, 2008

Fred On Fire

Fred Thompson just gave the most commanding performance of any candidate in any debate in the '08 campaign. I liked Thompson for president early on, but thought he took himself out of the running when he did not join the fray on July 4 as originally planned. His campaign looked muddled through September and he never seemed to find his voice.

Until this evening.

He found his voice this evening. He was aggressive, intelligent, and didn't show "fire in the belly" as much as an inferno.

Mike Huckabee was ground zero for a nuclear Fred this eve. Wow. Was that fun to watch. And deserved.

Will Fred get a bounce out of this? I don't know, but I do hope so.

What was not fun to watch was Ron Paul. Somebody put this guy out of my misery. I am waiting for him to conclude with "B'dee, b'dee, b'dee . . . that's all folks." What a looney tune.

1 comment:

MathewK said...

I hope he does get a bounce, cos it doesn't look good for Fred.