This is superb carnivore's version of spaghetti.
3 tbs olive oil
1 lbs bacon, thick cut, diced into 1/4 to 1/2 inch pieces
1 lbs ground beef
1 medium onion, diced fine
1 medium carrot, diced fine
1 cup Chianti or other Italian red wine
1 cup heavy cream
1 to 2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 tbs Italian seasoning
2 28 oz. cans Crushed tomatoes
1 1 lbs box pasta shells
1. Put the oil in a pan and heat it over medium heat.
2. Add the diced bacon and cook until golden brown (8 minutes to 15 minutes est.)
3. Add the ground beef and cook until brown (5 - 8 minutes est.)
4. Add the onion and carrot, cook until tender (10 to 12 minutes est.)
5. Add the red wine and cook for 5 mins.
6. Add the salt, pepper and Italian seasoning
7. Add the cup of heavy cream and the 2 cans of crushed tomatoes. Mix well.
8. Reduce heat to med. low and bring to a simmer. Let cook for 30 to 45 minutes.
9. Cook and drain the pasta. Serve with Parmesan cheese.
Tuesday, December 11, 2012