The Obama White House has posted its beer recipes in an attempt to reach out to America's many beer drinker. I must admit, having some batches, the recipes make for some good brew. But its a trap for the unwary. Drink in enough Obama brew and you will become a true Obama supporter - you will lose touch with rational thought, stop working, end up unemployed and on food stamps.
Romney and Ryan are falling behind. They need to conduct their own epicurean outreach. To fill the void, let me jump in with a recipe for beer bread in their honor. Like Romney and Ryan, beer bread is ultra-efficient - it does not require any yeast, kneading or time to rise. In acknowledgment of the fact that Mitt is a tea totaler, this bread has all the great taste of a patriotic American beer, but with the alcohol cooked off. Lastly, with jalapeno peppers and hot pepper cheese, this bread comes with a side of Hispanic outreach. Eat it and you will be ready to take on a good day of honest work.
So here it is:
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tbs baking powder
3 tbs sugar
1 tsp salt
1 lbs pepper jack cheese cut into 1/4 inch cubes
8 ozs sliced jalapeno peppers
1 bottle, Sam Adams Boston Lager (or any other Sam Adams brew)
2 tbs butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
2. Mix together all of the dry ingredients
3. Add the cheese cubes and jalapeno peppers, mix until coated
4. Add beer and mix thoroughly
5. Butter a bread pan and toss a small amount of flour inside the pan until all sides are coated.
6. Pour the batter into the bread pan. Pour the melted butter over the top.
7. Bake for 1 hour.
8. Remove from the oven and turn out onto a rack to cool for an hour.
9. Try, try, to give the bread time to cool, but you will be forgiven if you can't wait to dig in. This stuff is good indeed.