Saturday, August 3, 2013

Stop Calling Me A Nigger

The Tea Party? Defeat them the same way segregation was beaten. “It is the same group we faced in the South with those white crackers and the dogs and the police. They didn’t care about how they looked. It was just fierce indifference to human life that caused America to say enough is enough. ‘I don’t want to see it and I am not a part of it.’ What the hell! If you have to bomb little kids and send dogs out against human beings, give me a break.”

Charlie Rangel on Immigration, Pope Francis & His Successor, The Daily Beast, 2 Aug. 2013

No, I am not black. I grew up around the military and spent a good part of my adulthood in the most integrated profession in our nation - the U.S. Army Infantry. Racism simply did not exist in the colorblind world where I lived, where blacks were my officers, commanders, NCO's, soldiers and friends. The first I saw of racism and racial politics was when I left the military and happened to have the misfortune to hear an utterly vile speech by Louis Farrakhan. Since then, my eyes have been opened.

While I am neither black nor racist, I am conservative. I fully share the values of the Tea Party groups - to return to Constitutionalism and reign in spending and taxes. Those values are utterly colorblind.

And, with but this exception, I do not use the word "nigger." It is a demeaning word fraught with arrogance and hatred. It has been rightfully driven from acceptability in America. If someone were to call a black man a "nigger" today, I think that a violent response would be justified.

I use the word "nigger" to make a point. I feel every bit as angry and violence prone at being falsely labled a racist as I would believe a black man would feel at being called a "nigger." What Charlie Rangel said in the quote above is every bit as outrageous.

This is not going to go away with rational discussion. These utterly worthless bastards who are making false charges of racism are paying no price, and that has to end. That will only happen when those making the vile and false charges of racism are forced to recant - with public pressure to the extent possible, and violence if that does not work.

Oh, and by the way Charlie, the people you faced in the South in 1955 were Democrats. Bull Connor was on the Democrat National Committee you worthless ass.







No comments: