This is my favorite martial picture. It is of Patton pissing into the Rhine in 1944. It just works on so many levels . . .
Dave Schuler at the Glittering Eye has tagged me with "the meme of seven." The rules are:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
5. Present an image of martial discord from whatever period or situation you’d like.
1. My favorite pasttimes are raising Labrador Retrievers and making mead and beer. I have been working on mead recipes in particular for several years now.
2. I still have a scar around my wrist from a parachute jump when I was 19 at Airborne School in Ft. Benning. My wrist got caught in another jumper's risers after my own chute collapsed at about 1000 feet. I spent a number of seconds in the amazingly calm realization that death was imminent before figuring out that I might survive it after all.
3. I have a trumpet and mouthpiece given to me by Harry James. The only other highpoint of my life in music came when the band I was with got to do some openings for Dizzy Gillepsie and Dizzy took the time to come over compliment me on a few solos I did.
4. I lived in South Korea for five years. Get outside of Seoul and hike into the mountains and its the most beautiful country you will ever see.
5. A good friend of mine in Korea owned a dog restaurant, and I must admit, Lassie stew turned out to be far tastier than I imagined it would. That said, I still feel a twinge of guilt over eating dog, though that was far from the most exotic of cuisine I was treated to in Korea.
6. I earned all of my black belts at Kukido in South Korea. I taught tae kwon do to my son from the time he was able to walk and he ended up being far better at it than I am.
7. I have one working eye compliments of an accident some years ago. The vision in my other eye is very blurry from scarring. I have always found it fascinating that the only time my brain processes anything from the blurry eye is when all vision is blocked in my good eye. The human brain is an amazing thing.
The seven I will tag to keep this going are:
1. Soccer Dad
2. Cat or David at Brits At Their Best
3. The Watcher of Weasels
4. Dinah Lord
5. The Velvet Hammer