Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Drum Roll Please


There is little like watching the vistor numbers roll on your blog. Some of my Watcher's Council compatriots have celebrated viewer milestones of late. The superb blogger Bookworm Room just had her millionth visitor two days ago. Not long before that, Laer at Cheatseeking Missles tipped half a million himself. Others have similar numbers. Soccer Dad has 544,687. Right Truth has over a million hits.

I started this small blog a little over a year ago. Today the visitor number turns to . . . . drum roll please . . . . . 100,000 . . . lol. Not quite the numbers of my compatriots. Visitor number 100,000 showed up from Rhode Island at one of my posts on Iran, coming from a link to the post placed at Little Green Footballs by Soccer Dad.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats. I reached that birthday a couple months ago but it took a lot longer for me to get there than you. Keep up the great writing.

Bookworm said...

Congrats! Yours is, without question, one of the best blogs around, and the fact that you took a mere year to reach 100,000 visitors shows that readers recognize quality when they see it. So, long may you blog, and I hope lots of people visit and get the benefit of your wisdom.

GW said...

Thanks for the comments and kind words.

suek said...

Only a year? I feel like I've been coming here daily for longer than that!

And have felt every visit to be worth while...! Well...except during your recent hiatus. Then I got to come each day and wonder if you were ever going to show up again...!

MathewK said...

Congrats GW, here's to 200,000 coming up quick-smart.

saus said...

Hey! 100k in a year, especially the 1st year is considered very strong numbers for a blog. Even more so since traffic for blogs overall is declining as we are not the center of the social media univerese these days :)

nice job.