Saturday, July 24, 2010

In Praise Of Older Women



Fron an e-mail sent by O' Bloody Hell:

After being married 25 years, one day I took a look at my wife and said, “Honey, do you realize 25 years ago, I had a cheap apartment, a cheap car, slept on a sofa bed and watched a 10 inch black and white TV, but I got to sleep every night with a hot 25 year old blond. “Now, we have a nice house, a nice car, big bed and plasma screen TV, but I’m sleeping with a 50 year old woman. It seems to me that you are not holding up your side of things!”

Now my wife is a very reasonable woman. She told me to go out and find that hot 25 year old blond, and she would make sure that I would once again be living in a cheap apartment, driving a cheap car, sleeping on a sofa bed …

I shut up and took out the trash. Aren’t older women great? They really know how to solve your mid-life crisis!

(And before anyone bothers to take me to task in the comments, yes, I fully realize that no man in his right mind would ever accuse the 60 year old Raquel Welch, pictured above, of "not holding her end of the bargain.")

1 comment:

OBloodyHell said...

Well, I do wish women would not fall for the lie of botox (and I believe Raquel is one of them that has), but it IS intended as a joke, not a serious suggestion that you grade your SO by their current appearance. Hopefully, by the time you've been married for years or more your relationship is founded on more than looks alone.