Friday, May 23, 2008

An Interesting Week At The Watcher's Council

The posts have been reviewed and the votes for this weeks submissions for the best posts have been tallied by the Watcher. And the winners are:



_________________________________________________________

In an unusual week, I had the dual honor of having both my Council post, Republicans Ponder The Abyss, and my Non-Council nomination, Blog For Human Rights -- May 15th, 2008, chosen for first place honors.

In the Council category, if you've not read all of the posts, I would strongly recommend doing so. All of the posts this week were strong - to the point that the voting was very close and I could have justified giving my vote to any of the posts. I ended up voting for Bookworm Rooms post, Renaming the Paradigm *UPDATED*, because she answered a philosophical question that I have been pondering for some time. The labels "left" and "right" do not adquately describe the relative positions undergirding our political divide in this nation. Her choices, "statist" and "individualist," are the best options I have seen so far. My other vote went to Hillbilly White Trash for his post No One Will Solve Our Energy Problems For Us. He discussed at length a topic I also touched upon, the necessity for the U.S. to start taking care of its energy problems through drilling and development of nuclear energy. Those two posts came in tied for third place.

Coming in tied for second were two equally good posts. Soccer Dad's George Bush Isolationist, is an insightful look at how the hawkishness of Republicans and Democrats have done a pendulum swing over the past decade. Rhymes With Right's Seattle Times Writer Defends Hitler's Aggression!, is a good fisking of an insane opinion piece by an Obama supporter.

You can find the full tally of the voting at the Watcher's site.

No comments: