Saturday, April 24, 2010

First Annual Draw Mohammed Day


In the wake of the threats to the South Park creators from RevolutionMuslim.com - and Comedy Central folding like a cheap Bedouin tent - this from Michael Moynihan at Reason (via Hot Air):

Via Dan Savage's blog at The Stranger, some clever chappie (I don't know who) has declared May 20, 2010 "Everybody Draw Mohammad Day," in support of Matt Stone and Trey Parker and in opposition to religious thuggery. Why May 20? I haven't a clue, though it could have something to do with Otto ascending the throne of Greece. Or, more likely, King Sancho IV of Castile's founding of the Study of General Schools of Alcalá.

I will be employing my tremendous skill as an illustrator, of course, and expect that my colleagues will do the same. If they refuse, they will be declared weak-kneed, namby-pamby, quisling infidels and will be shamed on this blog (Though such idle threats rarely work these days; perhaps I could threaten them with a painful death, which seems to do the trick). If readers would like to show their solidarity, please email your Mohammad masterpieces to me here: mmoynihan at reason.com. The best ones will be published on Hit & Run, which, along with the concomitant death threat, is reward enough.

My own artistic contribution, already sent to Reason, is below the fold (because it is PG-13 Rated):


If you are Muslim and see this and are offended thereby, that was my intent. In the days since the threat made to Comedy Central, I have waited to hear a Muslim response condemning the Muslims who made that threat in no uncertain terms. I have heard only silence. Should you decide to publicly condemn those who would silence speech regarding your religion, I will be more than happy to remove this picture and support your efforts.


4 comments:

zakk said...

I'm really offended to this article! please delete it! This world isn't place to offend the other religion, and me, as a Muslim can't leave this freely. Please, remove this post! Even in all religion, it's prohibited to offend any beliefs.

Ex-Dissident said...

Funny. I had the same theme for the picture in mind, when I read your post.

Klinger said...

You know, I'm thinking I'm going to grab a couple of these pictures and post them all over Tyler, TX on May 20th. See if we can't rile something up. =P

I Just Loves Them Black Folks said...

Dammit, man, why do you insist on making sense!?!?!?

Don't you understand this isn't about REASON, it's about HOW YOU FEEL, and what kind of white racist bastard do you have to be in order to not feel truly wretched about what your grandfathers and your grandmothers did to the poor black man!?!?

Clearly, it takes a real piece of work to not want to do ANYTHING for them poor jigaboos! They can hardly do anything for themselves, after all, and really, really NEED help from their former massuhs to actually have any kind of a chance in the world. And if you won't give them lots and lots of money, what will they do? I say again, What will they do? They'll just get into the corn likker and then shoot some white wimmen, and probably much worse, and then where will we be? I say again, Where will we be?

You should want to help them poor negros, they really are hopelessly lost without the kind of helping hand only the white man can give 'em.

/liberal-idiot-mode: off

If you didn't give them a hand out, then who knows what might happen.

I mean -- They might actually apply themselves the same way the descendants of the former "coolies" have and wind up outperforming their former "betters" in schools across the nation.

Strangely, those descended from those on the other side of the Pacific don't seem to have problems with success and school the way those from the other side of the Atlantic do.

As "coolies", they were treated little better than slaves, and the results if one was seen "associating with a white woman" would have been much the same. They certainly drank from other water fountains, and used other, segregated facilities, the same way.


... And strangely, despite this acked mistreatment, they don't suffer from marginal literacy rates, high incarceration rates, and widespread AIDS infections.

So clearly there's something at work here which has nothing to do with mistreatment.