The inane Katie Couric has opined that that what the Muslim world needs to gain acceptance in the Western World is a good sitcom to shape public opinion, like the Bill Cosby show did for blacks (her words, not mine). No Sheeples Here has the video of Ms. Couric and links to another site, I Hate The Media, where the authors have taken Couric's idea and run with it, proposing some twentyfive possible Muslim sitcoms. It is very clever. Here are some of my favorites:
1. Fatwa Knows Best (The Anwar family learns that their father, a Muslim cleric, has a fatwa for every problem) . . .
5. My Name Is Earl Qaeda (A lovable Muslim loser attempts to make amends to all the people he killed. Oops. Too late.) . . .
7. How I Beat Your Mother (A Muslim man tells his children how he subjugates his wife according to Sharia law) . . .
17. My Favorite Martyr (A would-be Muslim martyr makes friends with a naïve CNN reporter) . . .
22. Sharia Law & Order (Stole a loaf of bread? Cut off their hands. Went outside without your burqa? That’ll be forty strokes with a cane. Suicide bomber? You get 72 virgins)
Meanwhile, Dave in Boca, in a post taking the mick out of WaPo's resident constitutional scholar, Ezra Klein, cites to an old post by Mark Steyn that contains some additional Islamic comedy gold from that great late stand up fatwahist, Ayatollah Khomeini:
. . . for example, Ayatollah Khomeini's "Blue Book" and its helpful advice on romantic matters: "If a man marries a minor who has reached the age of nine and if during the defloration he immediately breaks the hymen, he cannot enjoy her any longer." I'll say. I know it always ruins my evening. Also: "A man who has had sexual relations with an animal, such as a sheep, may not eat its meat. He would commit sin." Indeed. A quiet cigarette afterwards as you listen to your favourite Johnny Mathis LP and then a promise to call her next week and swing by the pasture is by far the best way. It may also be a sin to roast your nine-year-old wife, but the Ayatollah's not clear on that.
Who knows, maybe Couric is on to something. At any rate, in honor of Khomeini's Islamic lonely hearts advice, it seems wholly appropriate to play this hilarious AC/DC parody, "Dirty Deeds, Done With Sheep."