Michelle Obama just spoke at the DNC convention. It was a well delivered speech. That said, the content, at least beyond the personal, was ridiculous. The penultimate laugh line was Michelle describing our Class Warrior in Chief, her hyperpartisan husband, in the following terms:
. . . for Barack, there is no such thing as “us” and “them” – he doesn’t care whether you’re a Democrat, a Republican, or none of the above…he knows that we all love our country…and he’s always ready to listen to good ideas…he’s always looking for the very best in everyone he meets.
My takeaways as to her message:
- Life is hard. Shut up, find a job if you can, and be prepared to sacrifice four more years for the glory of Baraky.
- The government is the source of all that is good in America and indispensable for individual achievement.
- The Obama's now fully embrace gay marriage
- Supporting the Lilly Ledbetter Act is one of the litmus tests for support of equal rights for women. The fact that our Civil Rights Act has, since 1964, allowed women to sue for discrimination in.pay is of no matter, as is the fact that the Lilly Ledbetter Act was really all about creating a bonanza for leftie trial lawyers - precisely the prescription for our already suffering economy.
- The second half of the litmus test for being a supporter of women is support for abortion on demand.