Rush, on vacation in Hawaii, was taken to the hospital this afternoon with chest pains and is now listed in serious condition. Let us all pray for his health and a speedy recovery.
I was going to end the post with that single paragraph, but I made the mistake of glancing at the comments to the post on TMZ. If you wish to know the difference between today's left and the right, compare how the right reacted to the illness and death of Ted Kennedy with how the left is acting in response to Rush's apparent heart attack:
Here are some of the comments on a random page at TMZ:
1. good riddance!
Posted at 10:01PM on Dec 30th 2009 by james
2. Best news I've heard in years...Hope he joins MJ, the sooner the better!
Posted at 10:02PM on Dec 30th 2009 by Ron Burgundy
3. i'm with james . . .
Posted at 10:03PM on Dec 30th 2009 by tb
5. Won't miss ya! There will be a little less rage in the world if this druggie goes.
Posted at 10:02PM on Dec 30th 2009 by toe
6. I have no simpathy for Rush. He is a racist, piece of sh
Posted at 10:03PM on Dec 30th 2009 by andy
7. he haw
Posted at 10:02PM on Dec 30th 2009 by e33
8. I hope he dies.
Posted at 10:03PM on Dec 30th 2009 by Chris
9. best news today
Posted at 10:03PM on Dec 30th 2009 by Dave
10. Boo-hoo. I don't wish ill on him, but the fool has been living an unhealthy life for a long time as though personal responsibility does not exist for himself--just for other people. If you live like an idiot, this is what happens, and this will be the price you pay.
Personal accountability, Limbaugh. Can you handle it now?
Posted at 10:21PM on Dec 30th 2009 by sara
11. so long hypocrite!!!
Posted at 10:04PM on Dec 30th 2009 by steve
12. I hope he fails.
Posted at 11:08PM on Dec 30th 2009 by Robert Ex-Republican
13. LMFAO @ James. I was kind of thinking the same thing, but didn't want to seem tacky by putting it into words. I wonder if 2009 will take one more celebrity before the year ends? Gosh it's been a rough year for celebs.
Posted at 10:03PM on Dec 30th 2009 by Next: Bill O'Reilly?
14. Die, suckah
Posted at 10:04PM on Dec 30th 2009 by ts
Hmmm, these are the truly classless and crass people who form our modern "progressives." Anyone want to bet that not a single one of these people celebrating Rush's sickness and rooting for his death has ever listened to an hour of his shows? I wonder at the subculture that sustains these moronic zombies and what our public schools of this era must have done to produce them?