Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Swamp Theater


From Instapundit:

Rangel refuses to step down as Ways & Means Committee chair. This could hurt -- if I were the GOP I'd put together an ad featuring Biden's credit-card connections, Dodd's sweetheart mortgage scandal, and Rangel's ongoing problems and run it all over. I can't believe they won't do something like that, since it's a gimme, and I'm surprised that the Dems couldn't get him out of the picture. . . .

I would add to that list Franklin Raines - the CEO of Fannie Mae who pulled in $100 million while overseeing an accounting scandal as bad as ENRON's. He is, if I am not mistaken, an economic advisor to Obama. And I would also add that the two largest recipients of contributions from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were Senators Dodd and Obama.

As an aside, its been two years since Nancy Pelosi and the far left road to power on a promise to drain the swamp. Instead she's filled it with fetid water and now the monsters are emerging from the muck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Throw in William Jefferson's freezer full of cash, then point out how the Dem's have tried to run Republicans out of Congress for such "ethical violations" as teaching history (Newt Gingrich) and delivering babies (Ron Paul).