First up, we have a vacancy on the Watcher's Council. If you would like to join, please visit the Watcher's site. You will find a link to instructions on how to apply on the right sidebar of the site. This week The Watchers Council continues its quest to keep and eye on the weasels of the world with a set of illuminating articles. On the cusp of a historical United States election the stakes could not be higher. In the middle of this campaign is the core of the mainstream media that has apparently sold their souls in an effort to elect Barack Obama. This week's nominations are:
Each week, the members of the Watcher's Council nominate one of their own posts and a second from outside the Council for consideration by other council members in a contest for best post. The Watcher publishes the results each Friday morning. There is never an organized theme to our submissions, but more often than not many posts cover different aspects of the same topic. Having looked at the submissions, the Watcher has commented upon the week that was and the weeks submissions:
Not taking things sitting down an army of bloggers and professional truth seekers have taken on the task of challenging the mainstream media narrative.
Please consider the following submissions part of that grand effort.
1. The Glittering Eye - Don’t Just Do Something, Stand There
2. Hillbilly White Trash - Knowing the Left
3. The Colossus of Rhodey - Surprise from Philly Daily News: White voters “discomfitted” by Obama
4. Soccer Dad - The connection betweeen J-street and the Obama campaign
5. Cheat-Seeking Missiles - Obama’s Bizarre List Of 40 “Probing” NYT Stories
6. The Razor - A Lack of Clarity
7. Bookworm Room - Are Americans Really Racists?
8. Wolf Howling - Palin’sanity
9. Joshuapundit - Doin’ The Race Based Politickin’ Shuffle
1. Submitted By - The Glittering Eye - Commentary Magazine: Al Qaeda’s Defeat in Iraq
2. Submitted By - Hillbilly White Trash: Private Papers - Palin and Obama: What Really Is Wisdom?
3. Submitted By - The Colossus of Rhodey: Dennis Prager - Liberals’ Warnings About Obama Loss May Prove Self-Fulfilling
4. Submitted By - Soccer Dad: Doug Ross - Any questions?
5. Submitted By - Cheat-Seeking Missiles: The Next Right - Yes, Obama Turning Down Public Financing Is Still An Epic Mistake
6. Submitted By - The Razor: The Jacksonian Party - On Honor
7. Submitted By - Bookworm Room: Michael Yon - Death in the Corn : Part III of III
8. Submitted By - Wolf Howling: New York Times / Steven Holmes - Fannie Mae Eases Credit To Aid Mortgage Lending
9. Submitted By - Joshuapundit: The Jawa Report - Hope, Change, & Lies: Orchestrated “Grassroots” Smear Campaigns & the People that Run Them
This week The Watchers Council continues its quest to keep and eye on the weasels of the world with a set of illuminating articles. On the cusp of a historical United States election the stakes could not be higher. In the middle of this campaign is the core of the mainstream media that has apparently sold their souls in an effort to elect Barack Obama.
This week's nominations are: