Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Second Ten Commandments


The Evangelical Alliance of the UK has drafted the Ten Commandments of Blogging - apparently as an adjunct to, rather than a replacement of the original ten. Heed and be afraid, blogging heathens.

Straight from the burning blog, written in pixels on a simulated stone tablet by the flaming keystrokes . . .

1. You shall not put your blog before your integrity.

2. You shall not make an idol of your blog

3. You shall not misuse your screen name by using your anonymity to sin

4. Remember the Sabbath day by taking one day off a week from your blog

5. Honour your fellow-bloggers above yourselves and do not give undue significance to their mistakes

6. You shall not murder someone else's honour, reputation or feelings

7. You shall not use the web to commit or permit adultery in your mind

8. You shall not steal another person's content

9. You shall not give false testimony against your fellow-blogger

10. You shall not covet your neighbour's blog ranking. Be content with your own content

Hmmmmm. . . . I do about as well with them as I do with the first ten. No problem - I've always had a fondness for warm climates. And who knows, perhaps I can get David Duchovney's autograph while I'm there.


1 comment:

Dinah Lord said...

Oh GW, you do make me laugh!

Hmmmmm. . . . I do about as well with them as I do with the first ten. No problem - I've always had a fondness for warm climates. And who knows, perhaps I can get David Duchovney's autograph while I'm there.